Please share widely! Common Ground is seeking socially conscious Science Teachers to join our staff for the 16-17 academic year!
Find the posting on our website and pasted below.
Common Ground — the nation’s oldest environmental charter high school, creating the next generation of successful college students and powerful community and environmental leaders — is seeking two passionate, creative, outstanding science teachers — certified in biology, general science, chemistry, and/or physics. This teacher will have the chance to:
· Teach Common Ground’s core science courses — including biology, chemistry, and physics
· Make full use of two new, state-of-the-art science laboratories and Common Ground’s unique site — an educational farm, adjacent to a state park, within the City of New Haven
· Build a science curriculum that addresses intersections of science and social justice issues, and incorporates culturally relevant content for our student body
· Act as a coach, teacher-leader, and strong team member for Common Ground’s small, dedicated, creative faculty — helping to develop new curriculum and support the full transition to Next Generation Science Standards
· Co-teach interdisciplinary courses that integrate social justice and environmental issues with content from science and other disciplines
COMMON GROUND IS SEEKING OUTSTANDING CANDIDATES WITH:
· A passion for our environmental mission and commitment to equitable and sustainable change
· An understanding of the circumstances that low income students and students of color have historically and are presently experiencing and an awareness of the role of individual educators and educational institutions in creating and changing those experiences
· Strong background in Next Generation Science Standards
· Passion and experience for curriculum development
· Prior experience with and commitment to engaging students from racially and economically diverse urban settings
· Appropriate Connecticut certification. Common Ground is seeking teachers certified in biology, chemistry, and physics; multiple certifications particularly valued.
· Bachelor degree, Masters strongly preferred
· A preferred minimum of three years teaching experience, including Advanced Placement
Common Ground is particularly eager for candidates who help us fulfill our commitment to building a racially and culturally diverse faculty.
At Common Ground, a truly diverse community of 195 students from 16 different towns experiences a mix of high academic standards, active learning and leadership opportunities, and small school supports that are producing dramatic educational results. More than 90% of our students are accepted to college, and our students’ graduation rates and test scores have pushed above the state average.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Liz Cox, School Director
Common Ground High School
358 Springside Ave., New Haven, CT 06515
Community Programs and Outreach Manager
Preferred Pronouns: She, her, hers
Join us for Spring Community Programs for children, families, and adults!
Save the Date for our Annual Seedling Sale & Farm Festival on Saturday, May 14th!
Find Common Ground ...
... on the web: www.commongroundct.org
... on Facebook: www.facebook.com/commongroundconnecticut
... on Twitter: www.twitter.com/commongroundct
Connecticut Pre-Engineering Program (CPEP) has just launched the search for a new Executive Director.
This executive search is being conducted by Third Sector New England’s Executive Transitions Program
with Transition Consultant Michael Negrón. All submissions are confidential. Interested candidates
should submit materials to: http://tsne.org/executive-director-cpep-connecticut-pre-engineering-program
Candidates should include a resume and a cover letter that describe how their qualifications and
experience match the needs of CPEP, along with salary requirements, how they learned of the position
and any other relevant information (such as published articles). All applications will be acknowledged.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. CPEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.
Located in Middletown, Connecticut, CPEP was founded in 1986 by a group of educators and engineers who recognized the dire need to attract, inspire, nurture and assist underrepresented students in their efforts to pursue careers in STEM. [OR…Located in Middletown, Connecticut CPEP serves as a catalyst to significantly change underrepresented students’ knowledge, attitudes and behaviors relating to the pursuit of careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.] From its humble beginnings [in 1986], CPEP has grown across the state and now serves 14 school districts, 34 schools and over 1,700 students per year. The organization has been recognized with several awards, including the New York Life Excellence in Summer Learning Award from the National Summer Learning Association. CPEP is seeking an Executive Director who can build upon past successes to shape a future strategy and vision for the organization.
Vice President of Programs
Connecticut Science Center
250 Columbus Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06103
New Traveling Exhibit: Leonardo da Vinci: Machines in Motion
On view January 30, 2016–January 1, 2017
EXPERIENCE LEONARDO DA VINCI LIKE NEVER BEFORE! SEE, TOUCH, AND SET 40 OF HIS INNOVATIVE LIFE-SIZE MACHINES INTO MOTION.
Follow us on
Sign on to our RSS Feed, and be notified when new job opportunities come up!